How to Apply The University of the Western Cape (UWC) Application 2022 | How to Apply
You will need to follow the following in order to apply online:
- An email address that works
- South African identity number
- If you are an international applicant, then your passport number will be needed.
How to apply
Here are steps to take while applying at the
- All prospective students must apply online by clicking HERE.
- Click on the new application link.
- Fill in the required information and submit
Applicants can check the status of their application by clicking here and going to ‘Application Status’.
Deadline for UWC Application 2022
Visit the application closing dates page for the information you seek.
Also see the UWC Prospectus 2022 Undergraduate PDF Download
Important Things to Note
- Applicants must have a valid email address in order to apply online. All communication from the University in regards to your application will be sent via email. Should you not have a valid email address you can create an email account using Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or any other email provider you may prefer.
- If you are a person with a disability, please ensure that you have completed that section fully in the online form to allow us to make contact with you regarding your support needs. Should you have any queries related to disability support at the University contact the Office for Students with Disabilities at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +27 21 959 4170.
- Please also note that there is no separate application form for accommodation, if you responded YES on the question for University accommodation, you have applied. Residence placement is limited and not all applicants can be accommodated. Selection will only be done from those applicants who are made offers of study by the University based on placement criteria and availability of space (not all applicants who have been made an offer to study can be accommodated). For any residence enquiries you can contact +27 21 959 2569 or email@example.com.
University of the Western Cape (UWC) Scoring Point
For admission to degree and diploma programmes UWC uses a weighted system for calculating points. In order to be admitted to degree studies, the candidate should have attained a minimum number of points. Please refer to each faculty’s admission requirements, available here, to determine the number of points required for the desired programme.
Aside from the above-mentioned point criteria, special program admission requirements are also specified. These additional requirements must be accomplished in order to be considered for admission to specific academic programs.
Note: The table below indicates how points are allocated.
|NSC LEVELS||UWC POINTS|
|Level||Percentage||Points for English||Points for Maths or Maths lit||Points for Life Orientation||Points for each other subject|
|less than 20%||0||0||0||0|
Please keep in mind that the number of applications typically greatly outnumbers the number of available spots in particular programs. As a result, offers are made on the basis of merit and space availability; not all candidates who meet the minimum admission standards for their desired program/s will be offered a place to study. Check to see if you’ve applied to more than one type of tertiary education institution.
University of the Western Cape (UWC) Application For International applicants 2022
The International Student Services Office (ISSO) offers dedicated student administration to support international students at various stages of their education at UWC.
All persons whose nationality is from outside of Africa, from SADAC countries (from within Africa), refugees, Section 24 asylum grant holders, and anyone else who does not have a South African citizen identifying certificate are considered international applicants.
I hope this article has provided you with the assistance you need on the University of the Western Cape (UWC) application for 2022; if so, please let us know in the comments section. Remember to subscribe and you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook for quick updates.