The University of Pretoria Online Application is open for prospective students since 1st May.
Application deadlines for undergraduate degree programs for both South African and international citizens are set on specific dates in the year prior to the year of study. Check the list of deadlines to ensure that your application is submitted on time. To use the Online Application System, you will need internet access as well as a standard email address, as a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this address as confirmation of receipt as soon as you send your online application.
University of Pretoria Online Application Instructions
The University of Pretoria Online Application System is designed for new prospective students who are sending their first application to UP. It is not for students who are already enrolled at the University of Pretoria.
You will need the following to use the Online Application System:
- access to the internet
- an email address that you can use on a regular basis because a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this address as proof of receipt after you submit your online application.
The videos below provide a step-by-step guild on how to apply.
1. Step 1: Online Applications
Step 2: Accessing the University of Pretoria Portal
The University of Pretoria Online Application General Application Information
You may want to review the University of Pretoria UP prospectus 2022 PDF Download
- University of Pretoria applications open on May 1 of the year prior to the academic year.
- Only one online application is required for each prospective student. The University of Pretoria has a first and second choice in terms of what you want to study on the online application. On the online application, all applicants can choose a first and second preference.
- You will be assigned a student number once your online application has been processed (EMPLID).
- The fact that you have been assigned a student number (EMPLID) does not mean that you have been admitted to the University of Pretoria. After your application has been reviewed by the appropriate faculty, you will be admitted to the program.
- Completing your own online application is in your best interests. During the application process, the University of Pretoria does not use delegates, agents, or agencies. You do so at your own risk if you want to use representatives, agents, or agencies. It is important that you include your personal email and mailing addresses so that the University of Pretoria can interact directly with you.
- Please visit the “Distance Education” web page before submitting an application for Distance Education admission (Faculty of Education). There are various rules that apply.
- It’s important to remember that if you choose to study the BSc(Arch)(Architecture) or BSc(Int)(Interior Architecture) selection programs, you must indicate them as your first choice on your application or you won’t be considered. On the online application, it’s also a good idea to put the other selection programs as your first preference.
For more information visit the university’s official website.