For those who want to be offered admission to the University of Cape Town, UCT has announced the 2023 Admission Requirements. You may find information about the University of Cape Town UCT Admission Requirements 2023 and other connected topics on this website. Please take the time to read over everything.
The University of Cape Town UCT has stated that all Applicants are to take notes of these Admission Requirements before Applying for Admission.
Below are the University of Cape Town 2022 Admission Requirements. Applicants are to read carefully before they put in an application.
Before applying, applicants must meet up with the University of Cape Town Admission Requirements listed below.
University of Cape Town UCT Admission Requirements
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents, which generally consists of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic records (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
Here is UCT Admission Requirements 2023
Bachelor’s Degree Study
To be eligible for admission to degree study, applicants need to meet minimum requirements for eligibility:
- Applicants holding a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) need to pass a minimum of 4 subjects at a rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement, 50-59%) or better in any four 20-credit NSC subjects.
- Applicants holding a South African Senior Certificate need matriculation endorsement.
- Applicants holding non-South African school-leaving certificates must qualify for a matriculation exemption certificate. For more information please visit the website of the Matriculation Board.
University of Cape Town UCT Minimum language proficiency
Every applicant must have a certain level of proficiency in English and is required to submit evidence of this, as stated below, as part of their application to study.
South African Senior Certificate undergraduate applicants
- South African Senior Certificate undergraduate applicants to UCT must have achieved a pass of 40% or more on the Higher Grade in English (First or Second Language) at the Senior Certificate level.
South African NSC undergraduate applicants
- South African NSC undergraduate applicants to UCT, must have achieved a rating of 2 (Elementary Achievement, 30-40%) or better at Home Language or First Additional Language level.
Applicants holding non-South African school-leaving certificates
- Please see the University of Cape Town UCT’s language requirements.
For further information on the IELTS and TOEFL exams, please contact the UCT English Language Centre.
Calculating University of Cape Town UCT Admissions Points Score (APS)
The percentages achieved in National Senior Certificate examinations (preliminary and final examinations) will be allocated an admission score equal to that percentage.
The sum of 6 subjects, excluding Life Orientation, but including English and any required subject(s) for the relevant programme, is considered when deciding on admission. For example, for a given programme where Maths and Physical Sciences are required, we will take scores for English, Maths, Physical Sciences and the next best 3 subjects other than Life Orientation to compute the NSC score towards the APS.
Results below 40% for any subject do not attract a score.
- Go to the University of South Africa Admission Requirement Portal – http://www.students.uct.ac.za/students/applications/admission-requirements/eligibility