NSFAS Bursary Application: National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) invites eligible students to apply for Bursary Programme / Funding 2022 academic year before the closing date.
This page will guide and assist you in understanding the detailed steps required to apply for the Rhodes University NSFAS Application 2022. It is important to note that the South African government created this loan to meet the requirements of eligible students who have demonstrated academic excellence.
National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is offering a Funding / Bursaries Programme for 2022 academic year. The applications system will be open from 2 November 2021 until 07 January 2022 when the NSC results are released.
Eligibility Criteria for the NSFAS Bursary Application
NSFAS Application is checked against the following eligibility criteria:
- Citizens and permanent residents of South Africa
- First undergraduate qualification
- Financial eligibility
- If the student was registered at a tertiary institution before, and the number of years of registration to apply the N+1 rule
Note: The post-degree law programme is no longer funded (LAWP01, as well as the PGCE, PGDA programmes)
Students must go through the list of required supporting documents that I will mention to ensure that they have all of them before they start with the application process:
- All applicants must provide a copy of their ID. A temporary ID issued by the Department of Home Affairs will be accepted;
- Non-SASSA applicants must provide ID copies of parent/s, legal guardian/guardian or spouse;
- Smart ID cards: a copy with both sides of the smart ID must be provided;
- Proof of income: applicant and/or parents/legal guardian/spouse (where applicable (non-
- SASSA) should provide latest payslip not older 3 months, UIF letter, appointment letter, retrenchment letter (applicant and/or parent(s), legal guardian/spouse).
- It must be noted that no affidavits will be accepted as proof for any funding requirement.
Summary of the NSFAS Bursary
|Closing date||7 Jan 2022|
How do I Apply?
To register and complete your online NSFAS Application, go to the NSFAS website using the link below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website @ www.NSFAS.org.za
- Step 2: Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab and complete the sections on the screen by providing the required information.
- Step 3: Upload required supporting documents where applicable
- Step 4: Click on ‘Submit
- Step 5: And just like that, your NSFAS funding application has been submitted\
When will I know if I am Eligible?
NSFAS will notify you of the outcome of your application once your eligibility has been determined. After the NSC results are released, the funding eligibility statuses are usually available on the MyNSFAS portal. Universities will be notified at the same time as applicants.
Disclaimer: This is not the bursary’s official page. This is merely a one-page summary of the bursary opportunities. While we make every effort to maintain the information current and accurate, it is subject to change at any time without notice. Always refer to the bursary provider’s official website for the most up-to-date information. Any reliance you place on michyking.com information is solely at your own risk.
If you find the information valuable, please share it. Also, Join our Whatsapp group for Quick Updates.