This page contains information about the Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) diploma fee structure for the years 2021/2022. The sum payable as school fees for diploma programs for the next academic session has been issued by the institution’s authority.
This is to inform all prospective students who have been offered provisional admission or who are likely to apply for admission to the MUHAS of the following payment structure:
MUHAS Diploma Fee Structure 2021/2022
Students should adhere to the following fee payment methods and use them appropriately. These apply to all Muhimbili University MUHAS students who have properly registered for diploma programs. See full MUHAS Fee Structure 2021/2022
1. FEES FOR TANZANIAN STUDENTS.
S/N Items Amount
HOSTELS DAY PRIVATE
1. Tuition Fees*** 400,000.00 400,000.00 480,000.00
2. Medical Expenses*** (NHIF) 50,400.00 50,400.00 50,400.00
3. Identity card 15,000.00 15,000.00 15,000.00
4. Sports *** 10,000.00 10,000.00 10,000.00
5. Accommodation Fees*** 150,000.00 – 150,000.00
6. Registration Fees*** 20,000.00 20,000.00 24,000.00
7. Caution Money* 10,000.00 10,000.00 12,000.00
8. Examination Fees*** 100,000.00 100,000.00 120,000.00
9. Student Organization 2,000.00 2,000.00 2,000.00
10. TCU Quality Assurance* 20,000.00 20,000.00 20,000.00
11. Fieldwork Training/Research*** 150,000.00 150,000.00 150,000.00
12. Practicum guide and procedure
80,000.00 80,000.00 80,000.00
13. Uniform (Nursing Students) 2 pair 100,000.00 100,000.00 100,000.00
Total 1. With Medical Expenses 1,107,400.00 957,400.00 1,215,400.00
Total 2. Without Medical
1,057,000.00 907,000.00 1,165,000.00
* This amount is paid by first-year students only
*** This amount is paid by students in all years and should be retained by the students.
Field Training/Research – payable to the institution
Total 1: This amount is payable to candidates who are NHIF Beneficiaries
Total 2: This amount is payable to non-National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) Beneficiaries
✓ Meals expenses are not included in the total fees. Potential Students are advised to budget at least
Tshs. 5,000/= per day for meals. Students will be required to pay for accommodation according to
the rates and vacancies available.
✓ All DPS, DDR, and DMLS students are required to budget for their own white coats
which will be required during practical.
✓ Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences (DPS) students are required to budget for Tanzania
Pharmaceutical Handbook which is available at the cost of 50,000/=
✓ The caution money is not refundable at the end of the course.